No LaTeX format available
If you do not see a "LaTeX" entry in the typesetting formats dropdown, you may generate it as follows:
- Use the menu Typeset..INITeX.
- In the dialog choose "LaTeX", and then click the "INITeX" button.
- There may be an error in the Output window that says "You are attempting to make a LaTeX format from a source file that is more than five years old."
- If so, when you are asked if you want to edit the source file, answer 'No'.
- With the cursor in the Output window, hit return. The LaTeX format will be generated.
Note: the basic LaTeX 2e files have not changed for many years. It will not cause any harm to ignore the "more than five years" message.
Keywords: latex, format, install