The following describes how to install the fonts in MikTeX. These instructions will work with other modern TeX systems as well.
Note: When upgrading from the original MathTime Professional fonts be sure to read section 3 of the documentation. Supplements A & B have been incorporated into MathTime Professional II and must not be loaded separately in your documents.
Instructions for MiKTeX 2.6
1. Create and register your own root directory, if not already done. The procedure to do that is described at http://docs.miktex.org/manual/localadditions.html
2. Unzip the mtp2fonts.zip.tpm file into a temporary directory
3. Move the contents of the texmf folder to your own root directory
4. From a command line run
initexmf --edit-config-file updmap
5. Add the following two lines to the file
# MathTimePro II Map mtpro2.map
6. Save and exit
7. From a command line run
8. You will find instructions on using MathTimePro 2 in your root directory and also in
C:\Local TeX Files\doc\fonts\mtpro2
(Thanks to Oliver Kopp, University of Stuttgart)
Instructions for MiKTeX 2.5 and earlier
Unzip the texmf directory from mtp2fonts.zip.tpm into your localtexmf directory, and copy the templates directory wherever you want to. Edit localtexmf\web2c\updmap.cfg and add this line:
Map mtpro2.map #localtexmf\dvips\mtpro\mtpro2.map
Then run updmap (or mkfntmap or initexmf --mkmaps) and refresh the file name database.
This should work on most modern TeX systems. If you don't have updmap, you may try to manually add "map +mtpro2.map" to pdftex.cfg and add "p +mtpro2.map" to config.ps.
(Courtesy of Helmer Aslaksen (http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/))